Psychiatric Physician Assistant or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Sharmat Psychiatric Group has an opening for an early to mid-career Psychiatric Physician Assistant or
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner located at our New York, New York location. Working closely with Dr. Samuel L. Sharmat, MD you will have the opportunity to further develop your clinician skills while observing his well-developed abilities as a psychiatric diagnostician, treatment planner, and addictionologist.
The practice caters to a varied patient mix to include Complex Cases, Treatment Failures, Second Opinions, First Looks and Interdisciplinary Cases. With Service offerings such as Extended Assessments, Medication Review and Simplification, Genetic Testing, Precision Medicine, Suboxone and Vivitrol, Multidisciplinary Collaboration, Concierge Care, Medication Management, Comprehensive Care Planning (wrap-around care) and insurance-based care within the Cigna network.
The ideal candidate will be licensed in New York State, be Board Certified (or pending Board Certification) and have the ability to demonstrate autonomy, effective communication, organizational skills, and adaptability.
Part-time and Full-time positions available. Preference given to applicants already credentialed with insurance.
Position Duties Summary:
• Evaluation of new patients
• Ongoing treatment of existing patients; evaluation and management as well as psychotherapy to existing patients of the practice.
• Clinical paperwork - write evaluations and session notes that are thorough and thoughtful.
• Scheduled coverage of patients of the practice on evenings and weekends, emergencies and vacations.
• Possess interpersonal skills to collaborate in a team environment with administrative staff and other healthcare and mental health professionals.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times; comply and follow all practiced guidelines.
• You will also administer screening tools, basic neurologic examination, basic vitals collection, collection of buccal samples for genetic testing, and intramuscular medication administration; communication with insurance companies, retail pharmacies, specialized pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies; research study administration, data collection, data analysis and co-authoring.
Familiarity with EHRs required and prior experience with DrChrono preferred.